Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Ceramic Bus Tickets


These bus tickets were made for a project called Homage to letters, and I decided to create these small tickets out of buff clay. I pressed in words on the clay on what my feelings are about public transport, and how they always make me late. Pressing in letters using letter stamps I made them look like old and ruined bus tickets. I then decided to place some Copper Oxide on the letters and around the cracked edges to make them look older, and fragile. In some of my tickets I have made a map of my day today bus journey to the college. What I am trying to show is my emotions and feelings towards public transport, and the disadvantages of catching it. 



My seconded set of tickets is showing more feelings towards the X2 bus services, and how they make me late for my lessons. I folded over the corners and ripped parts off to make them look like they have been used over a couple of days. I used letter stamps again to give the impression of bus tickets. This time I used white clay instead of Buff to make them the same colours of my tickets. What I like about these is how the tickets show a certain behavior and anger with each fold, and makes them more special. These are ready to go into the kiln. 







No comments:

Post a Comment