Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Sgraffito Bowl


Conor Murray
Nature Objects using Sgraffito 
Red Clay 


Collecting objects from my garden and out and about, I used them to create Sgraffito. I used a series of techniques and tools to create nice looking effects on the bowl. During the making of the bowl, I look at what I wanted to carve onto it. There was a certain idea I decided to do and that was working from small to large, and working around the bowl. Slip was used before I worked onto my bowl, and sanded down after all the carving was done. Each mark I make is a positive line and scratch, and that is what I intend to show. The drawings you see scratch into the clay was used in my collections and I have intended to use these through my project. My bowl will be ready to be fired next, and then glazed with clear glaze to make it more better and more professional.






No comments:

Post a Comment