Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Christopher Dresser




Christopher Dresser 
Clutha Glass


Image from the craftsman Christopher Dresser designs glass bowls and vases using colour stainers and different coloured pigments. These are arranged in a way that shows different angles and light of the vases. These are stylish and effective in the way they are arranged, and they have been placed according to size. I like how he has done the colour brown, but has used light toners and other colours to create this effect on each bowl. The composition has been placed at an angle to show all its form and textures. Christopher Dresser uses darker tones for the top of each of his glass vases, but he also designs them to make sure the light hits each object. Each vase has been done creatively and with care, and that is what I most like about this piece of work. What I enjoy about these glass vases is how each of the colours blends in well with the lighter colours at the back, and this brings out the full appearance and style of the composition. Christopher uses Stylish and quirky shapes on each of his glass vases and this is what makes this work appeal to me, and why I have chosen it. What makes this a great piece of work is that it is different to what other artists and craft's designers have done. He uses textures, which he carves into the glass and makes this using a sharp pointed tool, while in his work shop. The whole composition is an inspiration to me for my future work and has link well in with my project that i am doing today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment