Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Screen Printing




Screen Print 1&2
Oil Inks 
Blue and Red




I made prints using the pattern from my jacket and then using a process called Screen-printing to create these prints of a face. I wanted to ignore the facial features and just go with the blank face. This image shows positive a negative mark making and I want to show how a face can be seen without all the other features. I used red and blue because they are strong colours and you can see them anywhere. There is some marks on my print which I have left some paint behind, but it makes a good final piece with the paint marks left. I think the blue is stronger, but they both have the same quality. Focusing on the theme of pattern I looked at Sylvia Js work and made me look into the figure of other people. 










No comments:

Post a Comment